Senior ServicesDonate Now
Senior Supportive Services (SSS) Program / National Family Caregivers (NFCG) Services
Senior Supportive Services Program/National Family Caregivers Services [SSS/NFCG] provides the following services to seniors 60 years and older who face health and/or economic tribulations:
- Case management
- Assistance and advocacy
- Extended assessments
- Benefits screenings
- Care planning
- Information and assistance
- Referrals to all collaborating agencies that provide energy assistance and home repairs
The services the participants and their relatives/caregivers need are in the area of advocacy and referrals to Healthcare, Home Based Supportive Care, Housing, JACC, Dental, Optical, Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged & Disabled (PAAD), Senior Gold, Companionship and Emergency Services as needed.
**Prospective participants must show**
- Proof of address, Age, Income, Last year’s income tax (if applicable), Power of Attorney (if applicable), Proof of citizenship, Financial resources, Health coverage(s), Life insurance, and Home ownership (if applicable).
**For a detailed brochure in English click here — BROCHURE – English
**Para un folleto detallado en Espanol haga click aqui — FOLLETO – Espanol
Jersey Assistance Care Giving Community (JACC)
JACC is a State funded program that provides a broad array of in-home services to enable an individual, at risk of placement in a nursing facility and who meets income and resource criteria to remain in his/her community home. By providing a uniquely designed package of supportive services for the individual, JACC may delay or prevent placement in a nursing home.
- Respite Care, homemaker services, environmental accessibility adaptations, personal emergency response systems (PERS), home-delivered meal service, caregiver/recipients training, social/adult day health services, special medical equipment and supplies, transportation, attendant care and home-based supportive care.
General Social Services
General Social Services offer critical and emergency assistance to Jersey City residents. Referrals, advocacy and follow-ups are our primary focus. Referrals are made to: Food Pantries, Furniture Replace Services, WIC, Welfare/TANF/GA, local health institutions and shelters. In addition we assist clients with their application process for other services.
**Potential participants must present**
- Proof of residency, photo identification, proof of income and family size.
For more information, and/or for any of these services please call: