Electronic Child CareDonate Now
The New Jersey Department of Human Services’ Division of Family Development has implemented an automated child care tracking and attendance system call e-Child Care (ECC).
The Urban League’s ECC department processes attendance discrepancy logs and links & re-issues Families First/ECC cards.
These items that MUST be in place before the ECC system can work:
- Providers must have banking information on file. Banking forms and W9 can be obtained below.
- Providers must have a designated telephone landline.
- Parents must have an active child care contract.
- Parents must have their “61— ” Families First Cards linked and activated. The Urban League links and the parent activates by calling 1-800-997-3333
- Parents must activate their “81—-” cards by calling 1-800-997-3333.
Helpful tools for providers:
- Payments, transactions, and contract information can be viewed on your provider portal.
- You can create your own log in by going to www.echildcarenj.org provider web portal.
- Your user name is your EPPIC ID # and your temporary password is your zip code.
- Attendance logs, direct deposit schedule, card information sheets, banking packet, calendar for closures, and staff extensions can be obtained here:
- Missed transactions must be recorded (via phone or POS-point of service device) within 13 days for payment to be made.
- Payment requests must be submitted within 60 days of the period of service.
- Failure to submit documentation within the established timeframes shall result in forfeiture of payment.
- Manual attendance logs submitted must meet the following “Good Cause” criteria below:
– WFNJ cases not processed within the authorized start date
– CPS case not processed within the authorized start date
– No equipment installed
– System glitch that impacts timely payment or accurate payment
– No Families First Card issued or delay in re-issuing beyond the back swipe period
– Others need DFD approval
- – ECC provides Monthly Provider Orientations and One on One Technical Assistance for providers and parents
Please contact: Lena Martin 201.451.8888 x153 firstname.lastname@example.org